Stacey's Weight Loss Journey

I'm not perfect. I don't know all there is to know about dieting, losing weight, and keeping the weight off. I am honest though....and I would like to share with you my journey. Please.....won't you join me!!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!!

We've been crazy busy.....and not enough hours in the day for the computer.....here's a quicky "howdy" though.....

I'm hanging in there.....finding it hard to remove these last 20 to 25 pounds!! I'm not gaining.....still exercising daily.....my eating is not grand....but not horrible either!! I'm holding still at a 60 pound loss though so I'm not going to complain!! :O)

My plan is to hold steady through this crazy busy-ness and then concentrate on the next weight loss phase over the winter!! As long as I continue on the journey to health....continue exercising....continue to be conscious of my eating....I'm fine with holding steady for a few months!! After all.....my journey has been to health.....not a certain number on the scale!!

I feel good.....I look a lot better....and I'm comfortable in my own skin now!! This journey has been a wonderful experience!! I've hit road blocks.....I've learned so much!! The dialog in my head is a lot more positive!! I am really proud of myself.....I held myself accountable for allowing myself to slip into such ill-health....and now I've changed that dialog to NOT punish.....but appreciate my goods....and bads!!

So where are you? Is your's a journey to health.....not weight? Am I making a mistake by not wanting it all off....right now? I'd love to hear from ya!!

Know that even when I'm not on daily....you are still in my thoughts and prayers!! I'll be back....and then....look out!! :O)

Have a grand weekend!!
Stacey

2 comments:

  1. Stacey,

    Those last pounds get more difficult to lose as we get skinnier! I hit another wall recently and when I talked to my neighbor who is a personal trainer she suggested a change in exercise routine. So I added running up an down a flight of concrete stairs to my workout. I just added an extra set a day slowly building up and it has jump started the weight loss again. Also you might want to calculate your BMR and make sure that you are consuming enough calories to fuel your body so it doesn't go into to starvation mode and stall your weight loss.

    And you are right, the goal should be to total health and not just a number on the scale. I know that I am eating healthier than I've ever eaten. We need to be accountable for allowing ourselves to gain the weight...not beat ourselves up about it, but just to acknowledge that we are responsible for where we were. Just like now, we are accountable for where we are now....a whole lot healthier and happier.

    Keep on keeping on...you'll get there! Have an awesome day.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your weight loss journey. I have been on my journey since June 11, 2011 and have lost 122 lbs with 50 to go to my goal. :) THANKS to Take Shape for life and Medifast! Healthier IS happier!!! :)

    ReplyDelete